Shipboard Notes From Noa Sagiura
The following will feature notes from Koki Sagiura about their trip across the Pacific to release 30 Cohort IV turtles.
7/17/2026
Dear STRETCH members,
I hope you’re doing well.
Here are today’s GPS and SST update.
Yesterday, the Wi-Fi is having issues again. So, I wasn't able to send the daily reports. Thank you for your concern.
Just like a few days ago, Liberty Ace is passing though the water off Central America.
We spotted a lot of olive ridleys in two days- that number reached an astonishing total of over 50!
I'll share these data with Cali-san after leaving the ship. I hope our voyage memories serve as valuable data for the North Pacific Ocean!
If all goes well, Liberty Ace is scheduled to arrive in Panama on July 20th. It shows that the end of our voyage is getting close.
I'm sad to leave, but I'm going to enjoy my ship curry life on the ship until the very end!
17/Jul./2026 17:00 (UTC-6) 18/Jul./2026 8:00 17/Jul./2026 23:00 11°54.2423'N, 91°21.3381'W 30 degrees CBest regards,
Koko
7/8/2026
Tomorrow, Library Ace will arrive the release point and the turtle's adventure finally will begin!
Taka-san and I have completed the preparations, but I'm a little nervous- will we be able to safely finish the release and send my friends to the sea?
Probably, there is nothing to worry about it. Because, I have the cooperation of a dependable crews and the support of all STRETCH members.
The release is scheduled for afternoon at local time.
Please keep an eye on STRETCH 2026 to be successful. We'll do our best!!
7/7/2026- the second one in two days... crossing the dateline!
Today is the second July 7th!
The temperature has been gradually rising, and it's making me feel like the ship is getting closer to the release point.
We have been mostly cloudy and foggy weather since leaving Japan, but today we had beautiful weather !
My 30 friends of voyage are fine, because Taka-san takes care of them well.
Also, thanks to the cooperation of Liberty Ace crew, the preparations for the release are going smoothly.
I hope we'll have nice weather on the release day as well- it's getting so close now!
7/7/2026
As Mori-san mentioned, the Wi-Fi on Liberty Ace is having issues. So, I wasn't able to send the daily reports over the past two days.
I'll continue sharing life on the ship whenever I can, but there may be days when I'm unable to send an update. Thank you for your understanding.
The turtles and all of us are doing well, so no worries!
Today, Liberty Ace crossed the International Date Line. That means we'll experience July 7th twice!
July 7th is a special day in Japan called “Tanabata”, when it's said that one wish can come true. Since we'll get to experience July 7th twice, that means we get two wishes!
I'll continue sharing life on the ship whenever I can, but there may be days when I'm unable to send an update. Thank you for your understanding.
The turtles and all of us are doing well, so no worries!
Today, Liberty Ace crossed the International Date Line. That means we'll experience July 7th twice!
July 7th is a special day in Japan called “Tanabata”, when it's said that one wish can come true. Since we'll get to experience July 7th twice, that means we get two wishes!
One of my Tanabata wishes is for the safe journey of my friends in Cohort-IV.
I hope you'll make a wish for the success of STRETCH 2026 too!
Best regards,
Koko
7/2/2026
Liberty Ace is currently heading northeast.
It was very windy today. We continue taking care of the turtles while making sure everyone stays safe and avoids any accidents.
The crew often come to visit the turtles- their friends.
Today, the captain stooed by, and I told him that one of the them is named "Liberty". He was happy to hear it!
Everyone on the ship has warmly welcomed both the turtles and us, and they have been very supportive. Their help will be a great support on the release day!
Tomorrow, we are scheduled to have an emergency drill on the ship.
I'll continue doing my best to live and work safely!
7/2/2026
At around 5:00 pm today. Liberty Ace left Yokohama and began its journey out to the open sea.
Although the weather was cloudy, the ship departed safely and is now sailing through Tokyo Bay at about 15 knots.
After tomorrow, the captain will give us more details about the planned release date and location again.
I'll share the information with you as soon as I know more.
Once we reach the open sea, we'll hopefully have a chance to see wild turtles, dolphins, and whales.
I'm looking forward to what we'll see along the way!
7/1/2026
This morning, Liberty Ace arrived at Yokohama-Port. Watching so many supplies being loaded ontn the ship reminded me just how long and exciting this voyage!
I also noticed that many of the supplies were made in Japan, which gave me a good chance to talk with the crews.
Both the turtles and we are doing well. The ship is scheduled to leave Yokohama tomorrow afternoon and begin its journey across the North Pacific.
Ship location and SST



Comments
Post a Comment